Certifications and Certificate Programs
NEHA is pleased to offer the new Environmental Health and Land Reuse (EHLR) Certificate Program. Beginning in 2016, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) and NEHA launched a partnership to create a free, online, asynchronous course with the goal of building capacity within communities to help remediate and redevelop many of the brownfields sites around the country. Brownfields are land reuse sites often contaminated by harmful chemicals or redeveloped without proper environmental oversight, such as former gas stations, manufactured gas plants, factories, dry cleaners, and abandoned properties.
Based on a NEHA survey, environmental professionals working in local health departments reported varying levels of education in environmental health and land reuse/redevelopment. The EHLR Certificate Program was created to fill that knowledge gap and provides the information needed to build “healthfields” or other health-focused redevelopments in communities.
This holistic training course consists of six modules:
- Introduction to the Environmental Health and Land Reuse Certificate Program
- Engaging With Your Community
- Evaluating Environmental and Health Risks
- Communicating Environmental and Health Risks
- Redesigning With Health in Mind
- Measuring Success
Food Safety Certificate Programs
NEHA's food safety certificate programs have been designed for the range of individuals working in a food facility, whether manufacturing/processing or food service operations, to increase awareness of food safety hazards, learn how to control those hazards, and understand preventive controls (SOPs), as well as understand personal hygiene, food handling safety, food flow through a facility, and pest control basics.
Certificate Programs Focused by Industry
- Fresh Cut Produce
- Bottled Water Processors
Advantages of NEHA’s HACCP Certificate Programs
- Internationally recognized, NEHA is the reputable source of food safety training, certification and credentialing, and certificate programs
- Certified courses are accredited by International HACCP Alliance (IHA)
- Training courses meet the most recent FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Global Food Safety Initiative Standards (GFSI)
- Courses follow the principles of both the FDA Food Code and the international Codex Alimentarius.
Certificate and Training Courses
- GHS Training for Managers and Supervisors
- GHS Training for U.S. Workers
- HACCP Certificate for Bottled Water Processors
- HACCP Certificate for Food Handlers
- HACCP Certificate for Managing Hazards at the Retail Level
- HACCP Certificate for Processors and Manufacturers
- HACCP Certificate for the Fresh and Fresh-cut Produce Industry
- Professional Food Handler
Wondering the Differences Between Certificate Program, Certification, and Credential?
For more information on NEHA Certifications and Certificate Programs, please contact Trisha Bramwell at email@example.com or (303) 802.2147
"Managing food safety risks in a food/feed operations has never been more important."
"Ensure your workforce is the most competent and well trained when it comes to food safety."