Time: 1:00–3:00 p.m. EDT
The Chesapeake Bay Program’s Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) invites you to join a webinar panel discussion on “Bridging the Gaps between Environmental Quality and Public Health.” The webinar is on September 16 from 1:00pm–3:00 p.m EDT. Participation is free. Registration is required.
The webinar aims to foster a deeper understanding of the connections between public health and environmental protection. The panel will help us to discover opportunities for professionals and stakeholders in both fields to bridge the gaps and inform each other’s efforts for positive change.
CAC is a group of appointed residents throughout the Chesapeake Bay Watershed that advise the Chesapeake Bay Executive Council (Regional Governors, DC Mayor, U.S. EPA, and Chesapeake Bay Commission) on all aspects of the Chesapeake Bay restoration effort. The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay is honored to provide staffing and logistical support to the volunteers of CAC.
- Julie Lawson, CAC Vice Chair; Director, Mayor's Office of the Clean City, Washington DC
- Surili Patel, Deputy Director for the Center for Public Health Policy, American Public Health Association
- Doug Farquhar, Director of Government Affairs, National Environmental Health Association
- Adrienne Hollis, Senior Climate Justice and Health Scientist, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Liz Perera, Climate Policy Director, Sierra Club
- Sacoby Wilson, Associate Professor, University of Maryland
- Nse Obott Witherspoon, Executive Director, Children's Environmental Health Network