Have you ever wondered what happens after you flush the toilet? Once you pull that lever, anything inside your porcelain bowl goes on a wild ride through miles upon miles of pipes and tunnels until it reaches its final destination — one which isn't where you think.
Join New York Adventure Club for a deep dive into the intricate systems of pipes and water tunnels that create our sewer systems, which we humans so often clog up in our daily lives.
Led by water and sanitation expert Kimberly Worsham, our virtual experience into the complex sanitation system underneath our feet will include:
- A brief history and journey through our sewer and drainage systems
- Spotlights on NYC’s sanitation systems that keep our city going & flowing
- Not-so-unusual sewage problems that can impact our environment
- A knee-deep dive into fatbergs, from what they are and how they're created
- Best practices to keep our sewer systems cleaner and better flowing
- Afterward, we'll have a Q&A with Kim — any and all questions about sewers are welcomed and encouraged!
Can't make it live? Don't worry, you'll have access to the full replay for one week!