As part of the Retail Food Safety Regulatory Association Collaborative, the National Environmental Health Association cordially invites you to the Retail Food Safety Regulatory Association Collaborative Ribbon Cutting event on May 24, 2021. This interactive three-part event will introduce the Collaborative, celebrate the groundbreaking nature of this partnership, and share the exciting projects the Collaborative has already begun.
The Retail Food Safety Regulatory Association Collaborative, a partnership forged in 2019, has been working behind the scenes on innovative and strategic objectives to help flatten the curve of foodborne illness in retail food. To achieve this goal, the Collaborative is:
- Focusing on a national strategy for the adoption of the latest editions of the Food Code
- Promoting and improving food safety culture
- Increasing enrollment and active participation and conformance with the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards
- Improving foodborne illness outbreak investigations
- Improving food safety management systems at retail food facilities
- Enhancing effective communications and sharing of best practices among retail food protection partners
The Collaborative is comprised of the following associations and agencies: the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Conference for Food Protection (CFP), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), and the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA). Our work is closely aligned with FDA’s Smarter Era of Food Safety Blueprint and provides national support to stakeholders at all levels including state, tribal, territorial, and local regulatory bodies; industry members; academia; and consumer groups.
We are excited to share what we have been working on and our vision for the future with you!
The Ribbon Cutting is free to attend, open to stakeholders at all levels, and will be live streamed on our YouTube channel.
Panelists and Moderators
Steven Mandernach, Executive Director, AFDO
Dr. Laura Brown, Section Lead of the Safe Food Team, National Center for Environmental Health, CDC
Dr. David McSwane, Executive Director, CFP
Brenda Bacon, Vice-Chair, CFP; Director of Quality Assurance, Harris Teeter, LLC
Laurie Farmer, Director, Office of State Cooperative Programs, FDA
Jennifer Li, Senior Advisor, Public Health Programs, NACCHO
Dr. David Dyjack, Executive Director, NEHA
Laura Wildey, Senior Program Analyst in Food Safety, NEHA
Michele DiMaggio, Supervising Environmental Health Specialist with Contra Costa County, Environmental Health Services
- Visit the Collaborative’s website to learn more about our objectives and how you can get involved.
- Follow the Collaborative on social media to keep current with our projects.
- Sign up for our mailing list for the latest Collaborative news!