"Hot off the Press!"
You have a great new resource available to you to assist you and your team in the prevention and control of vector-borne diseases. The CDC’s Division of Vector-Borne Diseases with input from many other agencies and departments have constructed a framework that focuses on the prevention and control of vector-borne diseases in health.
The tool offers guidance in 5 key areas:
- A better understanding of the risks associated with these vectors.
- A look at some of the advancements in diagnosis and detection
- The evaluation and current development of prevention and control techniques
- The development and assessment of drug and other treatment strategies
- How to better support the efforts of the vector control agencies by providing and disseminating useful tools to aid in the control efforts.
A nice added feature of the framework is an easy reference of the federal department or agency that has direct involvement in each specific strategy. This feature allows the user to quickly access the site and even reach the appropriate individuals should they need additional information.
Follow this link for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/ncezid/dvbd/framework.html
This blog is brought to you by NEHA's Vector Program Committee. Special thank you to Keith Robinson, Vanessa Lamers and Laura Temke.
For more vector resources, visit NEHA's Vectors and Public Health Pests webpage.