The Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) will be hosting a webinar entitled HealthMap Foodborne Dashboard. We invite you to attend and encourage you to share this announcement with your colleagues.
CSTE Food Safety Subcommittee Webinar: HealthMap Foodborne Dashboard
Monday, March 20, 2017
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern Time
The Problem: Although approximately 1 in 6 Americans experience foodborne illness each year, only a small fraction report this to their local public health department. Low reporting is a consequence of accessibility (e.g., difficult to find forms, not sure who to report to), convenience (e.g., time
consuming) and engagement.
The Solution: The HealthMap Foodborne Dashboard helps public health departments improve foodborne illness surveillance and reporting by leveraging social media data. The dashboard allows public health departments to view potential food poisoning complaints within their local jurisdiction in real-time.
- Identify and geo-locate true food poisoning complaints
- Respond to users via social media to request additional missing information
- Supplement traditional data reporting to best utilize limited inspection resources
- To register for the webinar, go to: https://cste.webex.com/cste/k2/j.php?MTID=tab5d230b30a6678abf6c38ddce07d22b
- Check the WebEx system requirements before the webinar. Please contact WebEx for webinar troubleshooting.
Please contact Thuy Kim (TKim@cste.org) for any questions regarding the webinar.